I’m glad you stopped by our website because I want to share with you the 7 most important things you need to know before hiring a Fort Lauderdale brick paver company.
You see, many people think that installing and sealing brick pavers is quick and easy, but the fact is it requires a bit more know-how and experience than rolling paint on a wall. It takes the right kind of crew with the proper training, dedication and tools to do it right.
A well groomed home plays an important factor in the value of your property. So choosing the right brick paver helps ensure your hardscape surfaces are enhanced and protected for years to come.
1. Is the brick company you’re looking to hire licensed and insured? This is the first thing you’ll want to check because if they damage your expensive patio or get hurt working on your property, they will be responsible, not you.
2. Are they experienced? Ask them how long they’ve been installing and sealing brick pavers because the longer they’ve been doing it, the more experience they have. If you find a brick and marble paver that’s been in the business for over 20 years, they have experience.
3. Are they certified installers through ICPI (Interlocking Concrete Paver Institute)? ICPI Certified Installers have to meet nationally recognized guidelines for interlocking concrete pavement installation, and they are committed to interlocking concrete pavement installation best practices.
4. Do they offer you a two year warranty on the installation? A reputable brick paver company that is ICPI Certified, will offer you a two year warranty on the installation. Of course, a warranty is only as good as the company behind it, so look for a Fort Lauderdale brick paver company that has been around for a while.
5. Is your brick installer willing to furnish you with references upon request? Recent references, as well as past jobs? Can you view these finished projects? A reputable brick paver will be happy to give names and phone numbers of satisfied customers. If they shy away from doing so, that’s a red flag.
6. Do they provide a written, itemized estimate outlining the scope of work to be performed? This is important because a legitimate contractor will never quote you a ballpark price over the phone without first inspecting your property. Quoting ballpark prices over the phone are “bait and switch” tactics used by unscrupulous contractors.
7. Make sure the brick contractor you hire uses professional cleaning equipment because if the cleaning process is not performed properly, it can result in premature failure of even the highest quality sealers. And keep in mind that lower priced sealers can lead to early break down causing the surface to turn white. By the way, NEVER use acid to clean your pavers!
If you need to hire a company to install or clean and seal your brick pavers, call us today at (954) 914-7988 for a FREE Estimate and Consultation.
We understand that not every property owner is handy or has the time to make upgrades on their own. This is where our staff comes into play. You will be pleased with our prompt project completion times and our dedication to a job well done. So call us in Fort Lauderdale today for your FREE Estimate and Consultation.